Wednesday, March 12, 2008

How the Job interview went

well, i was VERY nervous. for over an hour, i practiced what i would say when they asked the question "why do you want this position". over and over and over again. i called stacy right before going inside for the interview, and decided to test that answer with her (and kelly, cuz stacy had me on speaker)
sure enough, i kept messing up with the answer. then they both told me when i finally did get it right, that it really did sound too rehearsed. all that practice and memorizing for nothing, lol. They were right.
i just had to go with the flow.
i get inside, and the admin brings me in the confrence room. i'm actually pretty suprised by the look of the place. I was expecting it to look very hi-tech because of the kind of work that they do.

The place actually looked very rundown. the leather on the confrence chairs were all peeling, and worn. BUT, it was actually kind of "homey" in a way.

finally, the interviewers came in. there were 4 of them. 2 managers, a cad guy, and one of the owners. yeah, i'm really nervous now. i have to impress 4 men now.

They were actually very friendly, and laid back. joked alot, which helped me feel more comfortable.
I found out i would be doing Cadd along with doing photoshop (which i would be fine with). they told me there is lots of room for growth in the design field (i expressed my love for design, photoshop, ect).
If i get the position, it would mainly consist of CAD, but there will also be alot of photoshop projects.
Also, the benefits.....wow!! they said they have GREAT benefits. they only pay about $40 every other week for an ENTIRE FAMILY!! At my job now, I would have to pay close to $200 every other week for an entire family.

They also told me they are very easy going. i could pretty much choose what hours i wanted to work (ie: if i wanted to come in at 7am, i could, and if i wanted to come in at 9am i could). They are very understanding about appts and such, so i would have no problem if i had to take the kids to the drs.

Overall, i think the interview went very well. I know my nervousness showed, but i think they understood. This job really does seem perfect for me.
so now i wait. i'm sending a 'thank you" letter today, and if i don't hear in a week , ill call.
but, it felt very promising.

keep sending those (((GET THE JOB)))) vibes!!!

2 comments:

PMH said...

{{Get the job}} vibes...

Lisah0822 said...

mucho gracias mami!!!